APPLICATION LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT
It began with application packaging
We have been working with application packaging for over 15 years; however, packaging is only a small part of something that could be described more accurately and impressively as application lifecycle management.
WHAT DOES AN APPLICATION’S LIFECYCLE LOOK LIKE?
- Procurement – license management, license keys and EULA
- Packaging – make the application available for distribution, virtually or as an MSI
- Distribution and possibly publish in the portal
- Patching and maintenance
- Package new version – repeat the distribution and patch step
- Measure use and reclaim unused licenses (license harvesting)
WE CAN ASSIST YOU WITH ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- License provision for packaging tools
- Application packaging, or train your staff to package
- Patch management for server and clients for automated maintenance
- Maintain the packaging cycle
- Build automated processes for license recycling
We normally handle a company’s more difficult packages – those that consume most time and demand complex administration.
Lifecycle management tools
Your organisation’s needs will depend a great deal on size, competence and need for specific tools for the various parts of processes.
- Procurement – license management, license keys and EULA – administered by the Asset Management system; for example Ivanti License Optimizer
- Packaging – ready applications for distribution – We primarily use Flexera AdminStudio, but also application packaging with InstED, Microsoft App-V and free tools. See also our packaging training and workshops.
- Distribution and publish to portal with SCCM, Symantec Endpoint Management (Altiris) or Ivanti Endpoint Manager
- Patching and maintenance with Ivanti Patch - integrated in SCCM or standalone for clients and servers with advanced functionality.